1. Floral Cloth Wire 2. Scissors (or pliers) 3. Artificial flowers (assorted colours, shapes, sizes to your taste)
I bought cloth wire and a variety of pretty flowers from Michaels for under $10! If you haven’t already, make sure you sign up for Michaels mailing list. They send out sale updates and coupons regularly.. and when I say coupons, I’m talkin bout the good stuff, the 50% off one item kind!
1. Twist the end of 2 cloth wires together and shape into a oval/circle around your head creating a base for your head piece
2. Completely cut off the stem of the flower
3. Pull off the bottom base of the flower
4. String wire through the center of the flower petals (image)
5. Leave an inch on the top and bottom of the wire and cut access wire off (to cut wire I make a dent with the scissors then bend it back and forth manually and it snaps right off)
6. Pull top wire down and arrange petals around the wire so it is not visible (image)
7. Attach flower by twisting access wire around the base head piece.
8. Repeat steps 2-7 for as many flowers as you would like (mine had 3 big ones on the front and 1 small flower on the end of each side)
I created my flower headband specifically for a hippie themed birthday party! I went with cream tones and one blush coloured flower for my lil DIY project, paired with a crochet vest and high waisted denim to channel my inner flower child. Pictured below is the final product and myself with the birthday girl.